Mid- to Senior-Level Web Application Developer in New York, NY
Sports Systems is a specialized online technology solution provider for the sports industry. We deliver innovative web applications and services to major sports leagues, teams, events, corporate sponsors and their agencies. Sample clients include the NFL, Kentucky Derby, NCAA Final Four, US Open, and on the corporate side, IBM, AT&T, Shell Oil, Motorola, FedEx, Sony, MasterCard and many others.
We're a fast-paced, constantly evolving company that operates like a start-up, but has the market advantages of having been in business for more than 25 years.
Web Application Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software for our technology platform and full suite of products.
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices, software design and development processes.
Qualifications (required to succeed in this position):
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience building websites and web applications.
- Solid programming fundamentals, and experience with ColdFusion (CF8+).
- Must have experience in designing database tables and efficient SQL queries (T-SQL is preferred).
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with source control (Git is preferred).
- Taste for simplicity and elegance in technical design and implementation as well as an appreciation for test driven development and building software The Right Way.
- Experience with ColdFusion frameworks such as ColdBox and ColdSpring is a plus.
- Experience with XSL/XML is a plus.
- Experience with mobile development is a plus.
- Experience writing automated tests (MXUnit, Selenium) a plus.
This is the chance to join a small but growing company that is making an impact on sports event operations worldwide. We offer a good work environment, the chance to grow personally and professionally, and offer top-line benefits, including 401k, performance and profit-sharing bonuses, fully paid health insurance and tuition reimbursement.
All candidates must submit work samples and/or URLs pointing to their work along with their resume and salary requirements.
Please submit to: Jobs@SportsSystems.com.