2012 AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl
Online Media Credential Manager
Welcome to the credential request site for the 2012 AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl. This year's game will take place on Friday, Dec. 28, with kickoff set for 1 p.m. CST on ESPN at Independence Stadium in Shreveport, La. The deadline to request credentials is Friday, December 14, 2012 at 5 p.m. CST.
The Homewood Suites Shreveport will serve as our official media hotel.
Media must state that they are part of the Independence Bowl media block when making reservations. All reservations must be made by calling Homewood Suites Shreveport directly at (318) 549-2000 or by booking online by clicking here. You will need a special code obtained through Stefan Nolet. All reservations must be made by Monday, December 13 at 5:00 p.m. CST.
The media hospitality room will offer visiting and local media members a place to unwind. You will also find media guides, bowl guides, and statistics from the two participating teams, along with daily practice information.
There is a sign-up sheet for the annual Ernest's media dinner, so be sure to sign up as soon as you check in, as availability is limited to the first 75.
In addition to a fax machine and copier for your convenience, the media hotel will also off complimentary high-speed internet access as well as a bevy of soft drinks, beer and snacks. Please check the media hospitality room for hours of operation.
The Homewood Suites Shreveport
5485 Financial Plaza
Shreveport, LA 71129
Phone: (318) 549-2000
AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl Credential Policy
Media credentials for the Independence Bowl will be issued in accordance with the following priority guidelines:
- Media agencies which cover the participating teams on a regular basis receive top priority
- Media agencies which cover the participating teams' conferences on a regular basis
- National media agencies
- Sports editors and full-time writers for Louisiana's daily newspapers
- Official school daily of participating schools (one seat and/or one sideline only) as space permits
- Media agencies with a minimum circulation of 100,000
- Media agencies with a minimum circulation of 50,000
- Television stations with a full-time sports director
- Student publications or departments representing the two participating institutions (yearbook, newspaper, radio station, alumni magazine, etc.). Maximum of one press box pass and one photo pass
- Only radio stations with a full-time sports director conducting daily sports talk shows will receive consideration for credentials
- Bloggers associated with major media organizations will be considered for credentials. National media organizations and those that cover the participating schools in the Independence Bowl throughout the course of the year are the only organizations that will be considered.
Please contact Media Relations Director Stefan Nolet with any questions at (318) 221-0712 or via email at Stefan@IndependenceBowl.org. We look forward to seeing you in Shreveport!
SPAM BLOCKERS - PLEASE NOTE: Please make sure the following email address is in your approved folder (Stefan@IndependenceBowl.org) if you use a SPAM-blocker. Important information is forwarded to you after you make your request and after that request has been processed. If you do not have the address in your approved folder, you will not receive this important information.