2013 Hyundai Sun Bowl
Sun Bowl Stadium; El Paso, Texas
December 31, 2013
Online Media Credential Manager
The Hyundai Sun Bowl is now accepting requests for working media credentials for the December 31, 2013 game at Sun Bowl Stadium at El Paso, Texas. Please gather all requests for your organization before you start this process and be prepared to request credentials for your entire organization. Requests should be made by your sports editor/director. Questions regarding submission of this form should be directed to Media Relations Director Ana Chavez at the Sun Bowl Association (800-915-BOWL, 915-533-4416 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests will be processed on a first-come-first-accepted basis.
No requests will be accepted after 5:00 PM (MST) on Wednesday, December 18, 2013.
Media credentials will be issued in accordance with the following priority guidelines:
- Media agencies that cover a competing school on a regular basis and are certified by the sports information director of that school.
- Media agencies that cover the Atlantic Coast or Pac-12 Conferences on a regular basis and have been credentialed by either of the competing schools.
- National media agencies.
- Local/regional (El Paso-area) print media that cover the Hyundai Sun Bowl and its ancillary events on a regular basis.
- Local/regional (El Paso-area) television stations with a full-time sports director.
- Local/regional (El Paso-area) radio stations with a full-time sports director and daily talk radio show.
- Student publications of departments representing the two competing schools (e.g., yearbook, newspaper, radio and/or television station, alumni magazine, etc.).
- Media agencies with a minimum circulation of 100,000.
- Media agencies with a minimum circulation of 50,000.
- All other credential requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis as space permits.
Credentials are NON-TRANSFERABLE and are issued for individuals with a legitimate working function at the game. No spouses, dates, etc. will be granted credentials. No credentials are issued to anyone under the age of 16. The Sun Bowl Association reserves the right to revoke any credential used by an individual not fully accredited or in a working capacity. Unauthorized use subjects bearer to ejection from Sun Bowl Stadium. The bearer of this credential assumes all risks associated with attending the Hyundai Sun Bowl and agrees to hold harmless the Sun Bowl Association or Hyundai from and against all liability, loss, damage or expense as a result of the bearer's presence in Sun Bowl Stadium. Submission of this request form and subsequent acceptance and use of a credential constitutes agreement by bearer to abide by foregoing conditions.
MEDIA POLICIES & PROCEDURES
If approved, credentials will be available for pick-up at the Hawthorn Suites, the official media headquarters, Sunday, Dec. 29 and Monday, Dec. 30 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. A picture ID is required when signing for credentials. Any credential not picked up by 4 p.m. Dec. 30 may be picked up after 9 a.m. on game day (Tuesday, Dec. 31) at the media will call at Starbuck on 2300 North Mesa St., El Paso, Texas, 79912. No credentials will be mailed. The El Paso Hawthorne Suites is located at the corner of Boeing and Airway near the El Paso International Airport.
Satellite Truck Parking
Parking passes are available for satellite and microwave trucks at the stadium. However, parking is limited and will be restricted to one credential per television outlet. All trucks will be parked in the Upper South Parking Lot, adjacent to the South Tunnel of Sun Bowl Stadium.
TV Post-Game Coverage
Television stations covering the Hyundai Sun Bowl will be allowed to shoot their own video from the post-game interview area. Risers will be provided to accommodate cameras. A mult-box at line level also will be available for all electronic media wishing to record comments from coaches and featured players in the interview area. Television crews will require normal XLR connectors.
No online internet service will be allowed "real time" transmission of the Hyundai Sun Bowl. Only contractual rights-fee paying media will be allowed "real time" transmission during the event. "Real Time" is defined as any online media providing live continual play-by-play coverage of an event. Other than the official website of the Hyundai Sun Bowl and each participating institution, only one credential may be assigned to a website that is affiliated with a national media outlet (i.e., network, newspaper, etc.). No other internet provider shall be credentialed for the 2013 Hyundai Sun Bowl.